PLEASE HELP!!....How to build my math fundamentals

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi, I am planning on taking my test in February and would like to start on the math portion. I’ve skimmed over topics here and I just feel like the suggestions are mainly for people who are looking to brush up on subjects while I am trying to literally relearn to be on the safe side…..Math is my weaker subject and knowing myself I need books that will build my fundamentals. What books would you guys suggest I get to build my math?? I got an A in college Algebra but somehow I can’t do what I am being tested on…..I feel like I’ve seen those problems before and I think I can do them but then I end up finding out the hard way that I can’t after attempting…..I am not completely lost....Maybe I am.....

I am aiming for 720+ despite what anybody says.....I know if I get the right materials, I will ace this test!! Also please give suggestions as to what study methods work best.....

Thanks......

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by rmpaes » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:26 pm
Most people who are aiming for a score over 700 should adopt a variant of twinsplitter's plan. Twinsplitter is legendary in the GMAT community. He scored 790.
Here's his strategy.
Quant (2 weeks)
Biggest Verbal Weakness (2-3 weeks)
2nd Biggest Verbal Weakness (2 weeks)
Verbal Strength (1-2 weeks)
All Types of Questions, General Prep, and Practice Tests (2 weeks)

The only books you need are the official guides. Use reciprocal learning when attacking the problems. What I mean by this is focus on 1 section. After you master it move on to the next section but keep doing 10 problems in the previous sections.

The GMAT is not a test that measures how smart you are. It measures how well prepared you are.
Good Luck
700+ your target then check out my 800 gmat blog here:
https://800gmatblog.zoxic.com