Please help! 4th time taking GMAT

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:460

Please help! 4th time taking GMAT

by duncansn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:09 am
I have taken the GMAT 3 times with my first score being incredibly low and the last two scores still low at 460 (verbal and quant are around the same score). While I improved over 70 points from my first GMAT to the second in about two months I still would like to see some improvement. The first time taking the exam I did not study at all which was not the best choice. I have always done extremely well in school and have struggled with standardized exams my whole life. I am not looking for drastic improvement, but would like to receive a goal score of at least 500. When studying previously I was working full time, went to school, bought my first home, and had several other stressful events occur. Now I am only working full time and am serious about improving my score.

I have purchased all the MGMAT strategy guides and the MGMAT roadmap book. (At this point I have read through the Roadmap and two strategy guides). My 4th scheduled (and hopefully last) GMAT is June 9th, 2012. This is earlier than I wanted to take the exam but it is the only Saturday opening until August. Please I am desperate at this point to pass this exam and make it into grad school by the fall semester. Can anyone please give any tips or advice on how to maximize study time during the next 6 weeks?

Thank you in advance.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by alex_katharina » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:28 am
I am no expert on the GMAT, but it seems to me that you may have a timing issue with the test and also need advice on how to study better for it.
Read the articles from gmatprepnow.com that are posted on this site or directly on the gmatprepnow.com website!

I also find the OG companion from Jeff Sackmann very good, because he shows you how to solve the quant problems more efficiently:
www.gmathacks.com

I hope this helps! Good luck with your GMAT preparation!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:85 members
GMAT Score:750

by tpr-becky » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:08 am
sounds like you may need more structure to your studying than you have been working with previously. also with your score you will need to add to your knowledge and your strategy. You may benefit from a tutor who can help you with all these things. If you don't choose to get some help then make sure you have a structured study routine that focuses on the knowledge, pacing and strategy.
Becky
Master GMAT Instructor
The Princeton Review
Irvine, CA