please evaluate my profile

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

please evaluate my profile

by rasha4 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:35 am
hi
I am Jordanian, 23 years old, 2.5 years work expereience as a Market Risk Analyst, 2 years in the admin field (worked full time while studying), GMAT 600 (Q:70 V:44),GPA 3.53 (economics major) , TOEFL-iBT: 108/120
ext. activities: environmentally friendly team at college + activities at work

what are my chances if my essays and rec. letters are very good?

I am applying in the second round to NYU Stern, UC Berkeley, Chicago GSB, Wharton

there is no time to redo my GMAT because the deadlines are in Jan 2009

also I have some questions:
1. When do I have to send my Official GMAT / TOEFL scores thru PEARSON / ETS? is it when i get the interview invitation or now along with the application?
2. what are the chances for an international student applying by the third round?

thank you for your time

Legendary Member
Followed by:7 members

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:54 pm
Hello,

I’m afraid that your GMAT will make Stanford and the schools you mention out of reach. Of course some are more competitive than others among them, but the 600 will not be enough for any of those programs in my opinion.

To answer your other questions: Schools vary in when they want you to send the official report; you should check with each school. It is very difficult for international applicants to apply third round. Procuring the required visa often takes time.

You are young and so it seems to me it would make good sense to wait a year and focus on improving the GMAT score if you want to be competitive for top programs. During that time you also can bolster your candidacy in other ways, for example by taking on even more leadership at work and in the community for example.

Good luck with your plans --

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com
www.Accepted.com

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by rasha4 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:08 pm
Thank you for your help

Are they at least going to look at my application?
I've already prepared my essays and my official documents for all these schools, my essays were reviewed by alumni and I was told that they are strong, thank you again

Legendary Member
Followed by:7 members

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:05 am
Hello,

They may, it varies program to program. At some you will get a closer reading than at others, depending on their resources. Some schools weed out initially and some read every word of every application; it varies quite a bit.

Regards,
Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com