Please evaluate my profile

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Please evaluate my profile

by arunmmw » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:23 am
I am a Indian IT engineer with 5 years experience, it includes 1 year international. I have score 640 in GMAT and 73% in my undergraduate study. I have participated in some sports at my school days but none at my college years. I have particpated in many social activities for the past 3 years.
I have decided to re-take my gmat on september. But, with my current experience/score, is it possible to gain admission in schools like Ohio Fisher, kelley's Indiana, texas-austin? Should i score more than 680 to gain admission in these universities?Is it possible for me to meet the first deadline, and if so, how much time should i dedicate for each university.

Thanks in advance.

Arun

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:13 am
Dear Arun,

Based on your profile, I do not think your current GMAT score is strong enough for Fisher, Kelley and McCombs. If you could increase your score to 700+, that would put you in a much better position. Even with a 700+ GMAT, you will still need to put together a strong application package for each program. The time needed for each application will vary based on the number of essays and other requirements. I would suggest you start putting together your applications now and be sure to visit with school representatives that visit your geographic area this fall.

Best of luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me