Please Evaluate My Profile (3.31, 710)

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please Evaluate My Profile (3.31, 710)

by jeshelman17 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:27 pm
Hi There,

I was hoping you could take a look at my profile for MBA admissions, a little bit about me:

3.31 in Economics from top 10 east coast liberal arts school, played two sports
710 GMAT (49Q, 37V, 6.0W)
2 Years teaching Algebra I through Teach For America, students did quite well, I've stayed involved with TFA and have sat on numerous panels for them and am on an alumni board
6 months at a small IT consulting firm implementing EMR software, certified with leading software packages
2.5 years at Google working in Sales/Marketing, consistently been a top performer on the team, currently head up reporting for our US team, was previously head of career development, "go-to" person for data analysis asks and analytical tasks

I want to get an MBA from a rigorous quant-heavy school to shore up my data analysis skills while also learning in a dynamic, application-driven setting (I got a lot of theory in undergrad, I'd love to see the applications is BSchool!), and ultimately earn a job in the consulting industry. My long term goal is to move to a large (fortune 500) company and influence brand and overall company strategy.

Top Schools: Ross, Kellogg, Booth, Sloan, Tuck

Please assess my odds at these schools, and let me know ways to improve my profile/applications.

Thanks for your time!

JE