Please check my approch

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Please check my approch

by anksm22 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:45 am
Domestic automobile manufacturers have invested millions of dollars into research to develop cars more gasoline-efficient even than presently on the road.

(A) into research to develop cars more gasoline-efficient even than presently on the road
(B) into research for developing even more gasoline-efficient cars on the road than at present
(C) for research for cars to be developed that are more gasoline-efficient even than presently on the road
(D) in research to develop cars even more gasoline-efficient than those at present on the road
(E) in research for developing cars that are even more gasoline-efficient than presently on the road

the idiom is more X than Y.
and only D uses it correctly---> cars more gasoline-efficient than cars present on the road

Legendary Member
Followed by:140 members
GMAT Score:800

by MartyMurray » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:46 pm
anksm22 wrote:Domestic automobile manufacturers have invested millions of dollars into research to develop cars more gasoline-efficient even than presently on the road.

(A) into research to develop cars more gasoline-efficient even than presently on the road
(B) into research for developing even more gasoline-efficient cars on the road than at present
(C) for research for cars to be developed that are more gasoline-efficient even than presently on the road
(D) in research to develop cars even more gasoline-efficient than those at present on the road
(E) in research for developing cars that are even more gasoline-efficient than presently on the road

the idiom is more X than Y.
and only D uses it correctly---> cars more gasoline-efficient than cars present on the road
Yes, you got it, and explained it well.

The others compare cars with something else or gasoline-efficiently with something that comparing it to does not make sense, such as presently, as in more gasoline-efficient even than presently.
Marty Murray
Perfect Scoring Tutor With Over a Decade of Experience
MartyMurrayCoaching.com
Contact me at [email protected] for a free consultation.