Please advise on my profile: 28/Male/Asian/Bank (Commercial)

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello. The details on my profile are as follows:

Work experience- 4.5 Yr (as of Sep 2014)
3Yrs:-
- Assistant Manager at a leading bank in Compliance and Internal Controls Department. It has international presence in Europe, Africa, Asia, although not on a very large scale.
Work Profile: principle responsibilities include review of documents to assess and ensure all banking activities remain within 'framework' established by laws, regulations, ethical standards. And development of Anti-Money Laundering measures. I can boast that I regularly participate in (bank wide) working groups, as well as, frequent interaction and opportunities to engage with senior management of the bank. Prior to that, I have served the bank in the role of Internal Controls Assessor: visiting bank's branches and concluding the review by preparing a report of observation on irregularities/weaknesses detected. A monthly summary irregularities from all the visit was presented to departmental management for establishing operational risk level position.
Previous 1.5Yrs:-
- Finance Associate Position, directly reporting to General Manager Finance & Operations* at a medium-size Food & Beverage Services Company. This company also runs/maintains the first class & business class lounges at leading airports. Couple of Internships at this company in summer 2008 & 2009.

GMAT.
Currently preparing.

College
I have majored in Applied Accounting, First Class Honours (UK grading system)** from Oxford Brooks University (OBU) and graduated in March 2010.

Extra-curricular activities
I have considerable extra curricular activities to describe including participation/leading teams in leadership, entrepreneurial, Model UN conferences at college level, and some community/voluntary experience with Rotary and Transparency International till 2011. Post 2011, I have been participating in rotary events, such as polio drive initiative, fund raisers etc

Target programs
MBA. Stanford, Cornell, NYU, Rotman-Toronto.

Professional Certifications
I have ACCA Membership, and have also completed specialized Associate Banker Certification.

Post-MBA Objectives
Well, I expect the MBA to push me up the career ladder faster, and essentially provide a boost, I hope to have solid networking going as well. Otherwise, I particularly, like management consulting, financial associate/IB to serve as career switch.

I am planning to apply in R2/ January 2015, although I'd have liked to get done on GMAT by R1, however, work pressure has not allowed that. I would greatly appreciate as detailed response as possible on overall profile, what are the weak links, which schools should I add some more schools to the list that could match my profile? And also would really appreciate brief opinion/comments on Canada v US scenario of B-School considering my profile for an international student.

Thanks!

--------------------------
* who in turn reports to the CEO
** I suppose as per the grading system in UK, this should be an equivalent of 3.6-3.8+ on 4 point GPA system in US.