Personal MBA Coach

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Personal MBA Coach

by sple27 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:42 am
I worked with Scott Edinburgh at Personal MBA Coach for three MBA applications and scholarship essays. We agreed to work on one application at a time. His process was the same for all three applications and the quality of his work were outstanding.

I wanted to complete the HEC application in time for the first round deadline. We started working on it two weeks beforehand. I was stuck on parts of the application, particularly the international experience and essay questions, and knew that my application needed a lot of work. I traveled at least once a year for leisure and wasn't sure how to incorporate that information into the application. My first draft attempted to describe the highlights of every vacation trip. Scott suggested choosing one or two experiences to help tie them into the rest of the application.

Scott helped me figure out how to make my application stand out: his edits articulated my thoughts in a concise manner. His comments were invaluable because they gave me direction on what information was missing or needed to be clarified to make the essays more compelling. His comments guided me towards elaborating on the main idea to help show rather than tell the idea and to carefully craft an interesting takeaway message for each essay. It look about five drafts before we were both satisfied with the final product. Scott was encouraging throughout the process. We were able to meet the deadline.

Most of my communication was via email and I received his comments and suggestions on my drafts in 48 hours or less. We went over his comments over the phone for the first couple of drafts to ensure my essay answered the application questions. It was very helpful to be able to be reach him on weekends and after 5pm during the weekdays. Scott helped prep me for the interviews with two HEC alums. Each mock interview was about an hour long. Afterwards, we went over my responses to the potential questions and discussed what would be a better response.

After my letter of acceptance, the school noted there was a one week deadline to apply for certain scholarships. I paid an additional amount for Scott's help with two scholarship essays because I value his suggestions and edits. We were able to meet the deadline and I received an award for one of the scholarships.

I strongly recommend working with Scott. Without his help, I would not have been able to be accepted into HEC Paris. His quick turnaround time and helpful comments really made the difference.