Part-time MBA for Career Switch/Reset?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Part-time MBA for Career Switch/Reset?

by hmgp22 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:24 am
Can a top-ranked PT MBA (e.g. Haas) help one make a career switch? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like PT programs are geared more towards professionals that don't anticipate making a drastic career change but merely want to move up the company/industry?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by marblized2 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:51 am
I am in the same boat but I am in southern california. From what I have gathered, it will depend on the schools. I am applying to USC and UCLA and after attending several sessions at both theses schools, I discovered that about 30-40% of the part-timers are careers switchers. USC allows the use of career services help starting your second year and UCLA allows their help from the moment you are admitted. Check with HAAS and attend their part-time info sessions and just openly ask the question of the ratio of enhancers to switchers. Also, having just recently left the bay area, the CAL brand is a strong one there and it is home to many of the power players in various industries. You will have opportunities to network and build connections regardless of whether you are full time or part time.