OG10 & OC11: duplicate questions in GMAC practice exams?

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Recently I took the two GMAC practice exams, just to gauge my performance level prior to beginning serious test preparation. Eventually, I plan to answer all the questions in OG10 and OG11.

On my two GMAC practice tests, I scored a 640 (v:40; q:36) and a 660 (v:41; q:39). Math is my only problem right now.

Of course, I want to take the two GMAC prep exams a few months from now just to ensure that I am really improving. However, I am worried that the questions on both tests will all be included in OG10 and OG11. If so, there's no way my second test prep run will yield an accurate score of my ability level, as I will already know all the test question answers.

Can anyone tell me if the GMAC prep test questions are all covered in OG10 and OG11? If so, I will hold off on using these books until after my second GMAC prep test run.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:355 members
GMAT Score:780

by Ian Stewart » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:46 pm
There used to be no overlap, but now there is some (the underlying question database in the software product is changed periodically). Still, the number of questions in GMATPrep that you'll recognize from the 11th edition of the OG is very small - not something you should be concerned about.
For online GMAT math tutoring, or to buy my higher-level Quant books and problem sets, contact me at ianstewartgmat at gmail.com

ianstewartgmat.com