NUS Singapore Query

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

NUS Singapore Query

by Prashant864p » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:49 pm
Hi All,
I am an Indian applicant with 2.5 yrs workex in IT/Consulting roles. I have graduated from BITS, Pilani with a cgpa of 6.85. I have a GMAT score of 720 and willing to apply to NUS, Singapore. Recently I read on some forum that for NUS international exp is must. Can anyone confirm this...!

Thanks in advance!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:28 am
Hi Prashant

NUS looks for international exposure but it is not mandatory it is definitely an advantage if you have it. 2 and half years of work experience might be a little less for NUS since they normally look for 3+ for students coming from Technology background which is not mentioned on the website but have been shared by them in various forums and info sessions.

Good Luck!

Thanks

Manya Abroad Team

Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:03 am
Hi Prashant,

International exposure will definitely increase your chances and add value to your profile but it is not mandatory for NUS. You have solid GMAT and academics from one of reputed technical universities from India. Focus on your strengths and work on building strong essays. You should ideally apply to around 5-6 schools to increase your chances. For shortlisting right set of B-schools based on your profile and career goals try B-school Selector tool by clicking here https://goo.gl/LVWTay

Regards,
Manish
www.genedmba.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Prashant864p » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:51 am
Thanks for your reply manyaabroadtpr..as you mentioned that NUS considers 3+ workex for technology background applicants...as of now I have 2.5 yrs exp but by them time I join(if selected) it should be within their criteria...Does this logic works or it a long bet applying to NUS!
manyaabroadtpr wrote:Hi Prashant

NUS looks for international exposure but it is not mandatory it is definitely an advantage if you have it. 2 and half years of work experience might be a little less for NUS since they normally look for 3+ for students coming from Technology background which is not mentioned on the website but have been shared by them in various forums and info sessions.

Good Luck!

Thanks

Manya Abroad Team

GMAT Score:740

by ivyctor2010 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:44 am
Prashant,

As already mentioned NUS would prefer to have someone with more than 3-4 years of experience. You may have 3 years by the time you join. But will you have 3 years of experience when you are writing those essays? It is not merely the number of years of experience but the responsibilities that define the kind of experience you may have gathered. With a pedigree behind you and a good GMAT, you should now focus on your essays. Donot worry about the Years of experience. You should also have a list of other Schools - maybe NTU, to suggest one.
Ivyctor Mobile App packed with school selection, scholarship, application management and alumni connect
Download https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .app&hl=en

by manyaabroadtpr » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:16 am
Hi Prashant

I agree with ivyctor.

Think about it like this: you may have 3 years of work experience by the time you join the program but is it necessary that you still might be working by the time you join the program? Also your candidature will be judged based on what you put in your application and by the time you file your application you will still have less than 3 years.

There is no hard and fast rule pertaining to this really. Your application needs to be solid no matter how many years of work experience you have but over the years we have seen(I am sure schools have seen more so) that candidates are generally are not able to come up with solid applications with just 2-3 years of work experience.

I hope I made some sense.

Good Luck!

Manya Abroad Team

Prashant864p wrote:Thanks for your reply manyaabroadtpr..as you mentioned that NUS considers 3+ workex for technology background applicants...as of now I have 2.5 yrs exp but by them time I join(if selected) it should be within their criteria...Does this logic works or it a long bet applying to NUS!
manyaabroadtpr wrote:Hi Prashant

Good Luck!

Thanks

Manya Abroad Team