Need your help in shortlisting the b schools .

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi ,

First , I would like to thank you for spending your time to help me .

I had selected some b schools based on FT rankings and their tuition Fees . The schools are as follows

Goizueta Business School
Australian Graduate School of Management
Lancaster University Management School
SDA Bocconi
University of Maryland
National University of Singapore
University of Toronto
University of North Carolina
University of Texas at Austin - Mc combs
University of Melbourne
University of Arizona
Rice University
The Ohio State University
Kelley School of Business

I am planning to apply to five b schools for Fall 2011 . I had been searching various ranking websites to shortlist my list of b schools . But each website provides different set of results .

Can you please help me shortlist these schools mentioned above , based on their

1. Reputation among employers
2. career guidance provided by the school for current students
3. Course framework compared to other top b schools
4 . finally , the placements of previous batches.

It would be of great help if you can help in this regard. Thanks in advance . awaiting reply .

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:07 am
Once you get into the second and third tier schools, you should be considering your post-MBA geographic area of interest. Many students remain regionally employed after graduating from these schools and therefore your network will be often concentrated in a particular area or region. For example, you list several European and Canadian schools in addition to a wide diversity of schools in the US. If you want to work in Europe, going to school there is a good idea. If you want to work in the Southeast US, however, Emory would be a far better choice. You will get the knowledge and tools you need from any of these schools. Do some due dilligence on the career centers and see if any of your target companies hire there.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options