Need urgent help

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Need urgent help

by sumant1808 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:05 am
I have got admits from Cranfield and Queens for full time MBA. I have to take decision by 20 Jan, and I am really confused. There is not much information on the net and rankings are inconsistent. I am interested in mgmt. consulting. Any pointers will be really helpful
Terrified by the GMAT

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:26 am
Dear sumant1808,

Did you visit these schools? Usually that helps tremendously as you will experience what it would be like to attend the school and find that one school is a better cultural fit than the other. If a visit was not feasible, then perhaps you have talked with current students or alumni to get an idea of what iti is like to go to school at these institutions?

Have you reviewed the placement statistics to see if one has a stronger connection to the consulting industry? Have you reviewed the course offerings and other resources/programs to see if one offers more of what you seek in a program than the other? Is one located in/near a better city for your intended career than the other? It seems there would be some differences for your job search between Canada and the UK.

This is all information that is generally on the school's website if you look for it. However, if you feel the schools' websites do not have the information you need, then contact the admissions office and ask to speak with someone. Tell them you are trying to make your decision and have some questions.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me