Need to cancel my appointment

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Need to cancel my appointment

by Khaim » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:53 pm
Hi everyone...
Today I just got the admission from my school !!
I am so glad !

Therefore I will cancel my GMAT appointment... ( for Saturday )

will I get my money back ?

in the future .... will it be notified if I canceled ??

how does it work?
..Qui ne tente rien n'a rien

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:55 members
GMAT Score:760

by myohmy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:18 pm
Congrats on your acceptance! That's fantastic.

I don't believe you'll get your money back as it's less than 7 day notice. I'm pretty sure you can do it through mba.com though, not sure what you mean about notification.

Out of curiosity, how come you were taking the GMAT if you didn't need to for your program?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:15 members

by VP_Jim » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:36 pm
You won't get your money back (7 days' notice, as mentioned above), but it won't show up on your score report. The only way a cancellation shows up on your score report is if you cancelled AFTER taking the test.

Congrats on your acceptance!
Jim S. | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:620

by rangerguy2000 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:48 pm
just of of curiosity ... y were u sitting for GMAT if ur school never needed it ...

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Khaim » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:42 am
Hi everyone,

here is my story :

last April I found a graduate program that really attracted me, more specifically a Master of Science in Entrepreneurship; and the program requires the GMAT, toefl, Bachelor degree, interview etc... Just like an MBA. However this program is great since it involves 3 differents B-schools in 3 differents countries.
and I decided to apply to one of the 3 institutions that offers this program

- So I tryed ot prepare myself for all of those requirement including the GMAT.
last 2 months I took the GMAT and I did the interview the month after...
I was a bit nervous to wait for the school's final decision......

Finally they told me that they put me on a waiting list and asked me to retake the gmat in order to increase a bit my score and then they will re-evaluate my overall profile to give me a final decision.

- so what did I do ?

my goal was really to get into this " dreaming program ", so I tryed everything to maximize my chances...
Thus I applyed to another school partner in parallel that offer the same program ...(not a similar program ! THE SAME ONE )
and at the same time I re-schedule a second GMAT appointment. I did that in order to get a double chance :)

Since I knew that the GMAT was not my strengh, I PUT ALL MY EFFORTS for my essays, interviews and recommantions letters ....
and believe what ? IT WORKS , I got the admission !!!

So my advice is :

- the GMAT is an important factor for the admission but believe guys it is not the only one !!!

I really wrotte POWERFULL ESSAYS , 3 strong recommandations letter ( employer, school project leader, professor )
and I prepared so much for the interview....

the thing is ... you have to be " OUTLIER " ... I mean, when you talk, try to be " creative "

- If you are not good with GMAT... you can still be a leader !!!
But you have to proove that you have other unique skills !!!

»For instance, during the application, show that you are curious about the program, ask questions , always show you motivation and interest !!

To conclude quickly ,

The most important during the application process is to show business schools that you are a hard worker and if ever you " fail " , you will work harder and harder to success some day !

I always told to myself, that " LEADERS NEVER COMPLAIN, THEY WORK HARDER "

don't give up, be different, be yourself and always follow your dream !

it works !

GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU
..Qui ne tente rien n'a rien