Need Quant advice for retake

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:640

Need Quant advice for retake

by fercho81 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 am
Hello everybody, I hope all of you are studying hard for your first, second or even third GMAT exam (like me)
I need your advice on what materials to study for my last try. I have gone through all the MGMAT books, Kaplan 800, EZ solutions advanced Math book and the OGs 11 & 12. By now I feel like my basics are solid and I just need more practice for my test in December. The problem is that I'm running out of materials, are there other good materials out there that you could recommend? maybe something in the more advanced problems area would be helpful this time around.

Any books or software that you could recommend would be a great help, because I'm really clueless on what else to study and I don't want to go over the same books because I already remember the answers to most of the questions.

Thanks in advance to everybody!!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by mp2437 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:13 am
Try searching on the web for advanced problems. Here's a link that may help:

https://readyforgmat.com/math/documents/ ... rsion2.pdf

Also, this forum is full of questions that are of advanced difficulty - I would spend much time going through them...the explanations contributors to this site post are excellent as well.

Hope this helps.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Re: Need Quant advice for retake

by dbaGMAT123 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:05 pm
fercho81 wrote:Hello everybody, I hope all of you are studying hard for your first, second or even third GMAT exam (like me)
I need your advice on what materials to study for my last try. I have gone through all the MGMAT books, Kaplan 800, EZ solutions advanced Math book and the OGs 11 & 12. By now I feel like my basics are solid and I just need more practice for my test in December. The problem is that I'm running out of materials, are there other good materials out there that you could recommend? maybe something in the more advanced problems area would be helpful this time around.

Any books or software that you could recommend would be a great help, because I'm really clueless on what else to study and I don't want to go over the same books because I already remember the answers to most of the questions.

Thanks in advance to everybody!!

In terms of your request for really hard problems, I have two suggestions:
1.) Manhattan's challenge problem

2.) Hard free GMAT questions. Go to the problem type and see the "hard" category.