Need Profile Evaluation.

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need Profile Evaluation.

by ankit_daga » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:03 am
Hi,
I am Ankit. I had taken my GMAT recently. scored badly. 680(M48, V34).
Have completed my under graduation in marketing from St Xavier's college, Kolkata (2010-13). have a CGPA of 6.7 and a 62% aggregate.
I am 22 years old, but have had the rare opportunity of working in my family business. We are a fragrance and personal care product company from India. I have been associated with it for 4 years now. Two and a half years of this work experience was during my college. but keeping the fact in mind that my college was over at 9 am in the morning, i had all the time to indulge full-time as a professional. I have had good quality work in almost all the fields such as sales, operations, finance, etc. As of now i am working as a brand manager and a new product development head.
keeping in mind that the schools value their diversity, i feel that i have a lot to bring to the table specially being from the fragrance industry. would it be too high to aim for an Ivy league? i am targeting mostly the US. Do the universities consider undergraduate work experience?
due to some reasons I cannot wait any longer to go for my post graduation. So waiting for more years to gain work experience is out of question. So should i target a MS in marketing more than an MBA. My preference being MBA?
please help.