NEED A STRONG HELP AND ADVICE !!!

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

NEED A STRONG HELP AND ADVICE !!!

by Khaim » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:31 am
HI EVERYONE ,

here is my short story, I am applying for a B-school in Europe and I send all my application, interview, references etc... everything went well
my undergrad is 3.01... (in Europe they care less than in US)
But I did my gmat last month and got a poor 490 :(
V19
Q39
AWA : 5

So they told me that the interview, my personnality and curriculum were good excpet for the gmat therefore I need to retake it !!!
I need absolutely a 550 !!! to get the admission

I have a month to go !

What should I do : study 12 hours a day ??
review only the VERBAL PART that killed me ?
which book should I use ??

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
..Qui ne tente rien n'a rien

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:43 am
You won't see significant score improvements unless you work on verbal. Ideally, you want to focus on that area, but without totally neglecting quant.

You haven't mentioned your weak areas. However, there are a few books I can recommend. If you want a general book, try Kaplan Premier. It's got some of the more common aspects of the GMAT and quite a few practice problems. For SC, most people recommend the Manhattan SC guide - it doesn't have any practice questions (or so I understand), but the grammar review is stellar. For CR, you might want to try the PowerScore CR Bible. PowerScore is well-known in the LSAT world and LSAT is basically a tougher version of the verbal. You might also want to try and work on your general English by reading some quality material like famous American journals.