Might an MBA in Entrepreneurship hurt placement chances ?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi,

I have a 3 yr old moderately successful start-up in my profile

Confident of making it to a big university,Im planning to pursue my MBA With Entrepreneurship as a major course.Then after I would like to take up a job for a period.

My question is, does my course in E'ship hurt my chances during placements/recruting as the recruiters might assume I might not be with them for long, or the company be less trustful in the ways I be given opportunities once recruited ?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by sieken » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:49 am
I would say it's not that big of an issue if you handle it correctly. If you tell the recruiter that you'd rather run your own company but want to learn on their dime first, then obviously yes it would hurt. The bigger question they would have is how well you could adjust to a big organization doing one specialized task instead of running all parts of the show. Convince them you are a perfect match for them and you will be fine.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:41 members

by Marc@AcceptU » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:13 am
Play it to your advantage - what skills or experiences will you be able to leverage in your new career? You may also want to consider not focusing in entrepreneurship so that you can build competencies that are more related to your future interests.
Marc Zawel
Founder, AcceptU
Admissions counseling from former MBA admissions officers.

Learn more about AcceptU or sign up for a complimentary
MBA admissions assessment