Messed Up Badly

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Messed Up Badly

by prad » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:03 am
I took the gmat in september and scored a 470. This was after 5 months of studying 5 hours a day, 10 cats, a class, and private tutors. What happend? I dont know. All I know is that I went ahead and applied to a second choice school and got denied because of it. I must take the test again. I need a new strategy. Where do I start? Do I start from scratch and do it all a different way? What is the best way to study for a test like this? I need advice and this forum is the best place for it. any suggestions are helpful and appreciated. I know I can get a 600 but I need some guidance. I have Mgmat books, all og 11, and just ordered developmental mathamatics. I need this. My time is short because my wife is do in December but she is behind me all the way. So I need a scheduale format, proper study habbits, duratioon, and method. I need a whole new approach because excess and hard work did not work for me last time.
Thanks
Peter

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mbhatia » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:13 pm
I am in the same boat

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by prad » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:16 pm
are you taking it again? Have you gotten any feedback?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by focusedn08 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:23 pm
I did poorly on GMAT the fist time I took it to about 3yrs ago fresh out of college. I am currently studying for the test again. This time around I am making sure I fully understand the concepts, learn the tricks that can save time, and not moving on to other sections until I excel at one.

Hope this helps. That is just my 2 cents.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Emawk » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:44 pm
I can relate to all of you guys. I took the GMAT in October and fell short (my a lot) of my desired score. I'm planning on retaking it.

After coming across this website, and after recently buying OG 11, I feel that it's my best interest to start anew, with a strategy this time around (I didn't have a strategy when I first took the GMAT).