MBA Schools

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MBA Schools

by aspiringsuccess » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:41 pm
Good MBA schools in the US I should apply to? I am not looking for Tier 1 schools. Recommendations welcome.

Community Manager
Followed by:27 members
GMAT Score:710

by dmateer25 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:32 am
Hi aspiringsuccess,

If you post some more information then I am sure we could recommend a few schools for you to look at. Here is some information that would be helpful:

What field do you plan do be in post MBA?
What was your undergrad GPA?
Have you taken the GMAT yet?
Do you want to go to a local school or are you willing to move?
If local, where are you located?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by garyb » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:45 pm
An MBA prepares students in the theory and practice of business management. Graduating with an MBA implies that you are competent in all managerial roles found in organizations and businesses today. There are many combinations and specializations involved with an MBA degree. Some of the more popular disciplines are accounting, business management, e-commerce, economics, finance, human resources, marketing, risk management, entrepreneurship, operations management, and technology management so you need to be more specific in order to narrow down your search.
Have you ever thought of an online MBA degree? Students who have opted for online education appreciate the flexibility it affords them as compared to programs offered by traditional schools and colleges. There are online tutorials, lectures, assignments and even one-on-one meetings that students can take part in. But all this can be fit around your own schedule and time. As long as the school or institution you are receiving your online degree from is accredited by the proper agencies, you should face no problems when applying for jobs and competing for various positions.