MBA Exchange vs HBSGuru

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MBA Exchange vs HBSGuru

by consulting101 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:27 pm
Hi Guys,

First post on this forum. Can anyone please help? Which admission consultant to go with?

A few stats to help: 760 GMAT, top 20 school, 4 years experience, currently in general management role trying to switch to consulting.

In addition to essays, my store will need a bit of work. I have filtered it down to these two firms. Which one to go with? any +/- experiences?

thanks.

by Roberthollins » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:37 am
consulting101 wrote:Hi Guys,

First post on this forum. Can anyone please help? Which admission consultant to go with?

A few stats to help: 760 GMAT, top 20 school, 4 years experience, currently in general management role trying to switch to consulting.

In addition to essays, my store will need a bit of work. I have filtered it down to these two firms. Which one to go with? any +/- experiences?

thanks.

Here is some feedback that one of our clients provided us recently...

I utilized services of DreamMBA that turned out to be worthy decision at the crucial point, while applying for round Two. Actually it was a referral from my friend who got admission in HBS under consultancy provided by DreamMBA. Although my engagement with DreamMBA wasn't just because of some referral, but it was also the non-materialistic attitude shown by consultant at my very first interaction.

What made me stick with DreamMBA was their initial demonstration that helped to understand "real me" with core focus on exploring strong points. I found them very professional and welcoming with all sort of queries. Best part of their services was mock interviews and demonstrations that really boosted my confidence in a good way.

DreamMBA helped my optimism to find a way in one of the most prestigious schools such as Stanford. To wrap it all up, I could conveniently say that I'd happily recommend DreamMBA to anyone looking for sparkling results.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:720

by fxmbaconsulting » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:24 am
Hi Robert,

Nice GMAT - were you planning on applying in 2014/15? if so I would not switch to a consulting role outside your current company unless you can commit for at least 1 year. If it is internal that is a different story.

Sandy from HBS Guru is kind of a legend. In my mind he stands out for his no holds barred approach to candidate evaluation. HBS Guru is a boutique shop so you would be working with Sandy. I'm not too familiar with MBAExchange but they seem to have lots of competent consultants https://www.mbaexchange.com/our-team working for them.

Just do a free evaluation call and go with your gut. Ultimately it comes down to who you feel comfortable working with (not who you like the best as in buddy-buddy) because that person is going to help tease your stories out of you, give you honest and constructive feedback etc.

Best
Leah Derus
MIT Sloan MBA 2010
Senior Admissions Consultant
[email protected]
fxmbaconsulting.com

by neo656 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:11 am
Roberthollins wrote:
consulting101 wrote:Hi Guys,

thanks.

Here is some feedback that one of our clients provided us recently...

I utilized services of DreamMBA that turned out to be worthy decision at the crucial point, while applying for round Two. Actually it was a referral from my friend who got admission in HBS under consultancy provided by DreamMBA. Although my engagement with DreamMBA wasn't just because of some referral, but it was also the non-materialistic attitude shown by consultant at my very first interaction.

What made me stick with DreamMBA was their initial demonstration that helped to understand "real me" with core focus on exploring strong points. I found them very professional and welcoming with all sort of queries. Best part of their services was mock interviews and demonstrations that really boosted my confidence in a good way.

DreamMBA helped my optimism to find a way in one of the most prestigious schools such as Stanford. To wrap it all up, I could conveniently say that I'd happily recommend DreamMBA to anyone looking for sparkling results.
Apparently your website is down.