MBA Colleges

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MBA Colleges

by tremor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:02 am
Hello everybody, I am planning to do study abroad. I have completed my graduation last year and currently working with a market research company. While working in this field I have realised that my interest lies in Sales and Business Development. I was looking for a fulltime MBA course or maybe a masters and hoped to get a job abroad. But my relatives are asking me not to go abroad as there are a very chances of getting placed there and will not be able to retrieve the amount that i have invested. Pretty confused at this point. Any comments are welcome!

by kindheart » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:07 am
Ideally when you are going to study focus more on your learning. I understand that there is a lot of money involved and is pretty expensive but the primary reason that you would be going is for your education. If you excel in your studies and have a pretty impressive background then it might be fairly easier for you to get a job. Throughout your course intern for a few companies. Build your network. Keep in touch with your alumni. Be involved in as many college activities as possible. You just have to give your best to achieve your goals. Personally, I feel doing an MBA aboard will add drastic growth to your career but it depends on the reputation of the University. However no University can ever guarantee you a 100% placement. At present job opportunities are pretty good in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Singapore. Also, these countries are quite affordable than the UK and USA. You can always do some research on the internet to get more information about the countries

by kindheart » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:07 am
Ideally when you are going to study focus more on your learning. I understand that there is a lot of money involved and is pretty expensive but the primary reason that you would be going is for your education. If you excel in your studies and have a pretty impressive background then it might be fairly easier for you to get a job. Throughout your course intern for a few companies. Build your network. Keep in touch with your alumni. Be involved in as many college activities as possible. You just have to give your best to achieve your goals. Personally, I feel doing an MBA aboard will add drastic growth to your career but it depends on the reputation of the University. However no University can ever guarantee you a 100% placement. At present job opportunities are pretty good in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Singapore. Also, these countries are quite affordable than the UK and USA. You can always do some research on the internet to get more information about the countries

by tremor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:09 am
Thanks for the quick reply! Wasnt really considering UK. Heard some disaster stories about the job scenarios there. Could you please help me more with the names of some reputed Universities or Colleges?

by kindheart » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:13 am
I had done my MBA from Singapore and had shortlisted a couple of universities. Sharing the same with you however these are outdated and there might be better colleges now. Do gather detailed information about the University before opting it. Here you go:

Australia:
"¢ School (SBS)
"¢ UWA Business School

Canada
"¢ Melbourne Business School
"¢ S P Jain School of Global Management
"¢ Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM)
"¢ Monash Business School
Sydney Business

"¢ Sauder School of Business
"¢ Rotman School of Management
"¢ Ivey Business School
"¢ Queen's School of Business

Singapore

"¢ Singapore Management University
"¢ Essec Business School
"¢ Auston Institute of Management
"¢ S P Jain School of Global Management

I personally don't have an idea about reputed business schools in New Zealand. You can do research on it.

by tremor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:15 am
Okay I shall go through their websites.. Thank you!

by kindheart » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:17 am
One more suggestion . If you are going to do your MBA abroad i would recommend that you take another year or two's work experience. Mostly that is the eligibility criteria. Also the course is catered to a more focused group of students who are pretty sure about their specialization

by tremor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:23 am
And if i don't want to wait for so long? I know what i want to specialize in.

by kindheart » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:25 am
In that case you could opt for a masters programme. They don't really ask for 3 - 4 years of work ex. Call the student coordinator there and make sure you have all the details before applying

by tremor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:27 am
Wasnt aware about this. Thank you once again. �

by kindheart » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:30 am
Anytime. Dont worry about it. �