KRoll background check

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

KRoll background check

by samanthamammen » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:25 am
How do they check if you spent time between jobs for travelling or for taking care of a sick family member?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by Dozie@VeritasPrep » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:23 pm
They probably cannot check, this would seem to be an odd thing to be dishonest about, so try and keep things factual if possible. But they would not have a real reason to know that unless you claimed you were working when you were not employed
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Personal MBA Coach » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:33 am
samanthamammen wrote:How do they check if you spent time between jobs for travelling or for taking care of a sick family member?
If it is taking care of a family member, then don't worry about it. If it is traveling, then think about what kind of traveling this is? Why did you travel? Was this just vacation or something deeper? While it won't be "checked" necessarily, the story should match up and make sense for your profile.

Best,
Scott

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Donna@Stratus » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:18 pm
samanthamammen wrote:How do they check if you spent time between jobs for travelling or for taking care of a sick family member?
I think as long as you are honest about what you have done and can account for the time- this one should not be an issue- I suppose they might call a relative to ask about that? Or check with local health authorities? So I'm not sure- but I have become more aware that schools do hire these fact checking firms and if all your info is not up to snuff, you can actually get snuffed out even in the late stages. So make sure you have the right info and provide good links for people to follow up!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:57 pm
I usually err on the side of caution and tell candidates to assume that the background check can cover anything and everything - speak only the truth and nothing to worry about. :)
ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting
https://ARINGO.com/

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/
Or contact us today on: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/

Highest acceptance rates in the industry! All statistics verified by Ernst & Young