Is it too late to apply for round 1?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Is it too late to apply for round 1?

by samstone » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:58 am
Hi everyone, I have a big decision to make and your valuable insights and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have been studying for the GMAT for the past few months now but due to my work schedule I have had to delay the test a few times. I am schedule to take the test on Sept 4 and I would like to apply for round one deadlines. However due to my inconsistent study schedule I do not feel fully prepared and my practice scores are 550-620. I feel if I reschedule the test for the last week in September I will be able to improve my score and will be able to take more practice tests. If I delay the test for the last week in Sept., do you thing I will have sufficient time to complete my application by the due date? The schools I am targeting are NYU, Columbia, and Yale, which all have deadlines Mid October to early December.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:05 am
Hi samstone,

It really depends on how much time you have to devote to the application process. If you are able to study for the GMAT, work on essays, and complete the application all at the same time you should be able to make the round 1 deadline. That being said, it's worth taking the time you need to submit the best application you can, and round 2 is a perfectly acceptable round to apply in as well.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:670

by ruzgar » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:54 pm
Hi Samstone,

I am in exactly the same position as you.

I plan to apply to HBS and Stanford, and I postponned many times my GMAT test because of my work schedule, and lately thought about 6th of September. Unfortunately I will need to postpone again to end of september, end First round HBS is 2nd October. I will therefore apply in 2nd round I think.

Good luck to you...

Best Regards,

Ruzgar.