"In numerous of" Vs "In Large number of"

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

"In numerous of" Vs "In Large number of"

by rupeshrch » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:14 pm
Sentence correction prob.:
Born in 1961, Jonathan Coe, a British novelist and biographer and the author of several award-winning novels, incorporate music in a large number of his literary creations.

What is the reason below is not correct:

Born in 1961, Jonathan Coe, a British novelist and biographer and the author of several award-winning novels, incorporates music in numerous of his literary creations.

Of course the alternative below was correct:

Born in 1961, Jonathan Coe, a British novelist and biographer and the author of several award-winning novels, incorporates music in many of his literary creations

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:530

by vishalwin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:55 pm
rupeshrch wrote:Sentence correction prob.:
Born in 1961, Jonathan Coe, a British novelist and biographer and the author of several award-winning novels, incorporate music in a large number of his literary creations.

What is the reason below is not correct:

Born in 1961, Jonathan Coe, a British novelist and biographer and the author of several award-winning novels, incorporates music in numerous of his literary creations.

Of course the alternative below was correct:

Born in 1961, Jonathan Coe, a British novelist and biographer and the author of several award-winning novels, incorporates music in many of his literary creations

Can you please share the source of this problem.

I don't think GMAT can ever give question like this in which NUMEROUS & MANY means the same.

Experts, Can you please confirm?
Thanks & Regards
vishalwin
------------------------------------
GMAT Score - 530
I will BEAT the GMAT!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rupeshrch » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:33 am
It was one of problem in "Economist GMAT tutor", I forgot to ask them itself.