I need a strategy

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

I need a strategy

by Jazmyn » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:38 am
I have started studying for the GMAT. This is my final semester in college so i have not been able to dedicate as much time as I want to for studying. I finish in two weeks and will have 5 weeks before I take the GMAT. Is there any strategy one can offer me, like amount of hours to study a day and a week. Ihave all the practice books. I am good with math but still need to practice.

Any advice will be appreciated, I know this is hard but I really want to score a 700+

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:740

by 2010gmat » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:29 am
Give a mock ... analyze your performance in detail...your strong points, weak areas...in detail...

for e.g: if u say u re weak in DS then which kind of questions you missed in DS is it inequalties or probability or something else...

do the same for SC, CR and RC....

proceed section wise..start with your weakest section -- devote max time there...for eg: if you are weakest in SC ..give 1 full week o SC --Manhattan GMAT sc guide + OG 10 and 12 + 700-800 doc or adamjohn's notes ...keep a track of your errors and your accuracy rate {if its not improving after covering the basics then you need to adopt a diff strategy}

take a mock and see the diff in your SC performance...if it has improved then continue practising otherwise you need to figure out the loophole in ur prep

once you have solid grasp over SC --move to next weakest section while continue practising 15-20 sc ques everyday....

now move to third and hence to fourth and fifth sections while consistently practsiing ques from other sections....

take a mock every saturday....analyze it in detail on every sunday....

dont look at the answer/solution directly....if you get a ques wrong...try and solve it yourself....

let me know if i can be of any other help...