Welcome! Check out our free B-School Guides to learn how you compare with other applicants.
Login or Register

I'm writing a recommendation for a peer; examples?

This topic has 1 expert reply and 0 member replies
cbenk121 Really wants to Beat The GMAT! Default Avatar
Posted:
202 messages
Test Date:
11/17/2009
GMAT Score:
I'm writing a recommendation for a peer; examples? Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:36 am
Hello,

I've been asked to write a recommendation for a peer applying to Stanford GSB. I have general guidelines, i.e., provide specific examples touching on leadership potential and personal qualities, but it'd be really helpful if I had a few examples of past letters to see how people structure them, how they've highlighted leadership / personal qualities to help me brainstorm examples, etc.

Does anyone have a 1-2 examples of Stanford letter of rec they'd be willing to share? Obviously remove any full names / identifying information. Any direction is much appreciated, thank you!

Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!
Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:18 pm
Hey cbenk,
on;t have anything I can share with you I'm afraid, but anyhow the best letters of recommendation are ones that are unique. A few tips for you though.
1. Get as excited and superlative as you can. Show the AdCom how great, intelligent, motivating, etc. your buddy is.
2. Use specific and impressive concrete examples whenever possible. Stories, anecdotes, proof. This is what convinced them.
3. Attest to his leadership and team qualities.

and voila!

Ask us a Question!
Get a Free Consultation!

Best Conversation Starters

1 j_shreyans 31 topics
2 gr720 12 topics
3 aditya8062 11 topics
4 vincenm 8 topics
5 datonman 8 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description GMATGuruNY