How many writing boards do you get in GMAT ?

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Hi,

I know the question looks stupid, but I really have a problem that I am addicted to wasting a lot of paper for rough work for the quantitative part. I am generally using 3 sheets of paper (5-6 sides) for the Qaunt. So for me, its important to know how many sheets I will have on the real exam. Its somewhat important because when I try to organize my rough scrambling I tend to loose focus and make silly mistakes.

I know one can ask for more sheets if I run out of one, but I dont want to spend time by asking for extra sheets. Each minute counts.

Thanks.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by jiujitsubri » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:20 pm
I beleive 8 sheets, yet you only get a marker to write with. This medium might take gettinbg use to and seem ackward to some. Curious if anyone has a picture of the matrials they give out.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

scratch pad

by crak.gmat » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:27 pm
Yes, but to the original question, do they give you an extra pad if you run out, and can you ask for an extra when you begin the test??

Legendary Member

Re: scratch pad

by Neo2000 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:13 pm
crak.gmat wrote:Yes, but to the original question, do they give you an extra pad if you run out, and can you ask for an extra when you begin the test??
Yes they do. You simply raise your hand when you are running out of space and they will replace your pad. You arent allowed to erase your work so please dont even try to do that.

You will get only 1 pad when you begin the exam