How high to I have to score?

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

How high to I have to score?

by confused13 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:55 am
Hi,

I want to apply to Master Finance programs at LSE, HEC Paris, Imperial College, LBS, UCL and Kings College.
How high should I score? And: if I need a scholarships what do you recommend to be my minimum score?

Thanks,
confused since Dec. 2013

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:31 am
Hi confused13,

Just about every Business School posts relevant information about applications, average GMAT scores (and the "middle 80%"), etc. on their respective websites. Most Business Schools will NOT publish a "minimal score requirement" to apply, but with a 650 or higher you should feel comfortable applying to any school that you like.

Scholarships are a different issue, since each school (and each scholarship) has its own particulars. For this information, you'd probably need to contact the Financial Aid Department (or equivalent) at each School in question. There might be other factors (beyond a minimal GMAT score) that you are not aware of.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:06 pm
confused13 wrote:Hi,

I want to apply to Master Finance programs at LSE, HEC Paris, Imperial College, LBS, UCL and Kings College.
How high should I score? And: if I need a scholarships what do you recommend to be my minimum score?

Thanks,
confused since Dec. 2013
Hi,

To be able to answer your question completely, we would also need to know more details about your overall profile. Your academic records, your work experience, any extra-curricular interests that you may have had. Remember one thing, getting an admit from your dream college is not just about a good GMAT score but also about a nicely presented application with strong credentials.

The colleges you have mentioned are indeed the top ones and you should certainly approach your gmat preparation with a target score in excess of 700.

Do share more information about your profile and we would be able to advice you better.

Wish you best for your gmat preparation. Do keep us updated on the progress you make.

www.manyagroup.com