How can I improve my verbal scores.. please help

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi All,

I have recently taken up my GMAT and I scored a 650(Q50V27). During the preparation I had only focused on verbal, yet my scores are horrible.
I have been bad at verbal right from the beginning. During the Indian CAT for IIMs I got a percentile of 96 in which quants was 99.2 and verbal was 87 odd.
Guess I would have to do a lot of hard work for improving my scores in verbal. Need your advise on how can I start my studies on verbal to get a score of in the region of 42+.

Thanks !!

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:23 pm
Hello shikhar,

This thread is specifically for questions for GMAC, the organization that produces the GMAT exam. For questions about how to improve your score or study strategy, I would recommend looking and posting in other threads. This way, a greater number of users in this community will see your question and offer help.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!