Help with GMAT Test Preparation!!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Help with GMAT Test Preparation!!

by BurnedSpy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:08 am
I am needing some advice on how to design the best study plan for my desired score. I have been doing research on the forum and been reading book reviews, but I cannot seem to figure the best direction to go. Here is my current situation. I have completely worked through Princeton Review book. I have purchased the Kaplan Premier 2013 book as well as the Official Study Guide. Today I took a free MGMAT test a received a 490. (Verbal 32, Quant 26) I know I can bring these scores up with a little practice. :)

My education background is in financial economics and accounting. I was honestly very surprise and discouraged by my score. My target score is around 650.

I know most of the people on this forum is looking to get over a 700, but I would really appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions on how to study.

Thanks for listening!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:00 am
BurnedSpy wrote:I am needing some advice on how to design the best study plan for my desired score. I have been doing research on the forum and been reading book reviews, but I cannot seem to figure the best direction to go. Here is my current situation. I have completely worked through Princeton Review book. I have purchased the Kaplan Premier 2013 book as well as the Official Study Guide. Today I took a free MGMAT test a received a 490. (Verbal 32, Quant 26) I know I can bring these scores up with a little practice. :)

My education background is in financial economics and accounting. I was honestly very surprise and discouraged by my score. My target score is around 650.

I know most of the people on this forum is looking to get over a 700, but I would really appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions on how to study.

Thanks for listening!
Increasing your score from 490 to 650 is not an insurmountable goal. If you check out BTG's I Just Beat the GMAT forum (https://www.beatthegmat.com/i-just-beat- ... t-f15.html), you,ll find a lot of posts describing similar score increases. So, keep at it!

To help direct your studies, you might consider signing up for BTG's free 60-Day Study Guide: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-guide
This will ensure that you cover everything that the GMAT tests.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:52 members
GMAT Score:760

by rishi raj » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:32 am
Did you identify the areas you are weak in ? Honestly speaking, Princeton book is good for basics only. Kaplan is fairly good but given that you didn't do well, let me know the areas and maybe I'll be able to suggest something.