Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Help - How to crack? Profile Evaluation

by Sul » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:09 am
Hi

Here is a quick snap shot on my profile:

28/Male/Indian
Undergrad - 3.4 (Engineering - Well reputed university -India)
PostGrad - 3.4 (Economics - Top University - India)
GMAT - 700
Work Ex - 5 years as on Application date with leading management consulting firm
EC - Director NGO (3 years)
Member Runners Club
Member Photography club
President RWA club
University Tennis Champion
Etc

I was unsuccessful in my last 2 attempts at Top 10 business schools - Booth, Wharton, Kellogg, Columbia, MIT, Tuck

I am unsure of how should I go about now. Shall I give up the entire idea of an MBA from a Top business school OR is there some radical change that I need to bring about.

Please help!!!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:52 pm
Hey there,

This is an interesting post. You have most things in order. Your GPA is a little low and your GMAT should be a bit higher but by no means are they complete red flags either. It's difficult to say why you didn't convert the last couple of years without seeing your application. I'd love to help you out here but I'd need to dig into your profile and path to date to give you any sort of actionable advice. You might want to consider signing up to chat with us. This isn't really a question that can answered well through a forum post.

We're happy to help you figure out what lies ahead so if you want to chat, you can sign up [here].

Cheers,

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Melissa@Fortuna » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:03 am
Hi Sul,

I'm so sorry to hear this - you must be quite upset and frustrated. But don't give up hope. More importantly, don't read too much into the admissions department decision. It usually doesn't mean you aren't suited for an MBA. Sometimes it means you're not the right fit for your target school(s) - and so perhaps you should apply to other schools. Or maybe you do have the right profile but just didn't communicate this well enough in your application.

The first step is to take some time to try to figure out why you were rejected. This can be difficult because schools rarely provide feedback. Try to review your application with a critical eye; it's also a good idea to get some feedback from someone who knows your target school well, for example an alumnus friend. Another idea is to seek advice from an admissions consulting company, like us at Fortuna Admissions where our team of consultants are all former admissions directors from various top business schools around the world. We are well placed to give you an assessment of where you went wrong. Once we identify the weaknesses in your application, we'll provide advice on whether you should reapply to the same school(s), or should give other schools a shot.

Let us know if you want to chat.
-Melissa and the Fortuna Admissions Team

Melissa Jones | Fortuna Admissions - a dream team of former Admissions Directors from the world's top business schools

Interested in a free 30-minute admissions consultation? Sign up on our website https://www.fortunadmissions.com