guide me pls

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

guide me pls

by gautam_sunil » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:56 pm
hi stacy.

i m a 26, indian male with b tech (mech. engg) from state university. have decent academic background with 70% above throughout (perhaps 2.9 in GPA, not sure). 4+ yrs of work exp in india (tata group) and Dubai in srvice industry. my gmat score is 720 (Q49, V38). first take was 530, 8 months back. my aim is full time mba from one of the top 10 b schools in US or top 5 in europe. plan to apply for the immediate available batch.

can u please evaluate my profile and tell whats my chance at big 10 here. also, whats the criterion for fin aid/scholarships etc.

thanks

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:48 am
Hi gautam_sunil,

Financial aid is granted to everyone who is accepted to an MBA program in the form of loans. Scholarships can be granted based on academic achievement, need or other personal achievements. Each school has different policies and scholarships, so it would be useful to investigate specifics with the schools themselves.

Your academic profile is a bit weak for a top 10. Academics is only part of the equation, so if you have excellent work experience, stellar essays and wonderful volunteer/extracurricular work the academic profile may be fine. I would definitely suggest broadening your pool of potential schools if you feel that you need an MBA this year.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

guide me pls

by gautam_sunil » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:32 am
Thanks Amy. I appreciate very much your quick and detailed reply.

regards

guide me pls

by gautam_sunil » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:14 am
Hi Amy

I need further assistance from you. as i no extra curricular acitivities in past and no community service/volunteer work, can you pls suggest how i can improve myself on that account.

thanks again

sunil

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:20 pm
Hi Sunil,

I would get involved in a volunteer opportunity immediately. The best extracurricular/volunteer activity is one that allows you to demonstrate teamwork and leadership, but if you're applying for this year you may need to settle on some one-off community service (soup kitchen, building houses for the homeless, etc.)

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting