GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1535 members
GMAT Score:800

by lunarpower » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:10 am
mevicks wrote:C will be to collide seems awkward
D has the correct idiom form --> It is likely that
E likelihood of a asteroid/comet that may collide seems awkward
I don't mean to spoil the party here, but... "Seems awkward" translates to "I have no idea what's actually wrong with these choices".

Not only is "awkward" darn near impossible for non-native speakers to detect, but it's also not actually an error. Make sure you can find something that's actually wrong with the wrong answers.
Ron has been teaching various standardized tests for 20 years.

--

Pueden hacerle preguntas a Ron en castellano
Potete chiedere domande a Ron in italiano
On peut poser des questions à Ron en français
Voit esittää kysymyksiä Ron:lle myös suomeksi

--

Quand on se sent bien dans un vêtement, tout peut arriver. Un bon vêtement, c'est un passeport pour le bonheur.

Yves Saint-Laurent

--

Learn more about ron

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by rakeshd347 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:16 am
lunarpower wrote:
mevicks wrote:C will be to collide seems awkward
D has the correct idiom form --> It is likely that
E likelihood of a asteroid/comet that may collide seems awkward
I don't mean to spoil the party here, but... "Seems awkward" translates to "I have no idea what's actually wrong with these choices".

Not only is "awkward" darn near impossible for non-native speakers to detect, but it's also not actually an error. Make sure you can find something that's actually wrong with the wrong answers.
Many times I see lot of posts from the members saying its "awkward" even I can't understand what is awkward. Its style, grammar,idiom or parallelism. It is always better to point out the specific error sothat other members like me can learn. I know those statement sounds awkward but being as a non native all of them sound awkward.