GMATprep questions vs. actual GMAT

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

GMATprep questions vs. actual GMAT

by mlane25269 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:35 am
Hey guys,

Need some feedback...

Is it just me or do the questions on the GMATprep software seem to be harder than the Official GMAT guide? It doesn't seem like the questions in the software are representative of the official guide since I've been told that the Official Guide contains questions that are in the same format as the actual GMAT.

Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:58 pm
GMATPrep and OG both features actual, but retired, GMAT questions. They are the best resources for your GMAT studies!

In terms of GMATPrep being harder than OG--maybe you are doing well on your practice tests and are only being served the difficult questions? If that's the case, that's great!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by jasonc » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:31 pm
I'm going to second what beatthegmat said.
When I took the GMATprep tests, I felt they were substantially harder than the OG, but that was because I was doing well.

The important thing to realize here is that the OG will NOT help you as much as you need if you're already near a raw score of ~48 on quant and ~43 on verbal.

If you want to step it up, try re-taking the gmatprep tests and getting to the harder questions, or work the last block of questions from OG (supposedly OG is ranked from easiest to hardest).

I recommend doing & re-doing the gmatprep test to find additional hard questions to practice with.
I beat the GMAT! 760 (Q49/V44)

by mlane25269 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:54 am
Thanks!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by smartyfool » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:00 pm
i did the gmat prep serveral times now. The difficulities in the gmatprep are totaly differernt from the OG. Some of the questions were insanely hard.... my gmatprep scores on Q are around 46. I am goin to take my gmat tomorrow. I think i am goin to suck T.T

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mrcurrim » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:37 am
smartyfool wrote:I am goin to take my gmat tomorrow.
How did it go? Did your actual test questions resemble the Testprep or OG?