GMATPrep Exam Pack

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
GMAT Instructor
Followed by:64 members
GMAT Score:790

GMATPrep Exam Pack

by kevincanspain » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:10 am
A student of mine noticed that there was a lot of overlap between the questions in the two exams of the GMATPrep Exam Pack, 9 in the verbal section alone! Is this is to be expected, or could there be a defect?
Kevin Armstrong
GMAT Instructor
Gmatclasses
Madrid

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:18 am
Hello, Kevin. Your student should be able to take both exams without seeing repeat questions. However, if he is taking these exams more than one time each, he will see repeat questions.

Thank you!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

GMAT Instructor

by kevincanspain » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:40 am
He took each simulation once, and was disappointed to see several questions repeated in the verbal section. I will try each simulation to see whether questions in the two exams overlap and get back to you with the results. Thanks for your reply!
Last edited by kevincanspain on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Armstrong
GMAT Instructor
Gmatclasses
Madrid

GMAT Instructor

by kevincanspain » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:41 am
He took each simulation once, and was disappointed to see several questions repeated in the verbal section. I will try each simulation to see whether questions in the two exams overlap and get back to you with the results. Thanks for your reply!
Kevin Armstrong
GMAT Instructor
Gmatclasses
Madrid

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:01 am
Thank you, Kevin. I will pass that along to our product team. Please do try taking the exams yourself, and send us any screenshots of repeat questions. I appreciate you letting us know.

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!