GMAT @ the end of April: Let's beat it together!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am starting this thread for all of us currently struggling with this test and planning to pass it by the end of the month.
Working for an IT company who specializes in creating collaborative platforms for corporates and schools, I realize how important collaboration is in our daily lives. Let's help each other reach our dream scores by sharing knowledge and benefiting from each other's strengths and experiences. After all that's what grad school is all about. Let's start with it early!

So, I will present myself briefly:

My name is Diana. I am Bulgarian and this will be my 3rd time to take the GMAT because I simply don't want to give up on this test and I feel I can do much better than what my 2 previous results have shown (540 on each: M:60%, V:40% on second one/ M: 40%, V: 60% on first one/ AWA:5)
Goal: 650++
Strengths: Math, SC
Weaknessses: Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension
Schools I aim at: ESSEC (France), HEC (France), ESCP-EAP (France), Imperial College(UK)

I am looking forward to sharing ideas, strategies, problems, questions, worries, anything with you.

Good luck to all!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by xeqtr » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:52 am
Are you taking GMAT to apply to MBA or Graduate studies? If that's for MBA, I guess you have to aim for 700+ for Top French schools and also for Imperial. I'll apply to finance program of Tanaka, and aim for 700+. But for sure I do not know your working experience in details, if it is top notch then even 600 will do the job. GL with your studies and welcome to the forum.

by cobraqueen » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:19 pm
Hi xeqtr, I will be applying for both kinds ... MSc and MBA. at Tanaka specifically I think it will be the MSc but I have some time to decide on that this week. You are right 700+ would be much better, yet I am being realistic knowing my previous score... I will still do my best to crack the GMAT.
I just completed a practice test on the GMATPrep software and I got 690 (M:45, V:39). How close is this to reality?
In any case I am sure I can make it up to 700 :)

Good luck to you as well!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by xeqtr » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:51 pm
I think it is pretty close to reality..I score over 700 in those..I'll see my real score on wednesday once I took the test :) 690 is pretty good..and you scored good on verbal so you got plenty to improve in quantitative..and it is much easier I think.

by cobraqueen » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:26 am
Good luck on your exam!