Gmat Private Tutor needed

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Gmat Private Tutor needed

by Gmat_verbal25 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:08 am
Hello ,

I am looking for a private tutor in Bangalore ( India )for verbal . Could someone let me know a good tutor who could help me tackle the verbal part ? He/she must have taken the GMAT with high verbal score .

I am open for online tutoring from experts abroad but it needs to be in the range of 50-70$ /hr . Unfortunately, my Budget is tight :(

Kindly Pm me or post here

Thank you !

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:27 pm
Hi Gmat_verbal25,

It's possible that you don't actually need a Verbal tutor, but you'll need to better define your situation to determine if that's the case:

1) What is your goal score?
2) How long have you been studying for the GMAT?
3) What resources have you been using?

4) How have you been scoring on your practice CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:44 am
I am looking for a private tutor in Bangalore ( India )for verbal . Could someone let me know a good tutor who could help me tackle the verbal part ? He/she must have taken the GMAT with high verbal score .
I agree with Rich here. You need to define some specific goals before we can help address them. My advice: start by taking a practice test to get a benchmark. The official ones can be found here: https://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-exam/pre ... tware.aspx

Once you have that benchmark, dissect the test to see where you need the most help. If you're on a budget, begin your prep work with free or inexpensive resources. Here are some of our free resources: https://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/free-gmat-lesson/
and https://www.veritasprep.com/gmat-question-bank/

Document what areas you struggle in. The more information you have to present to a tutor, the more he or she will be able to assist you when the time comes.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Rich@EconomistGMAT » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:36 am
Hi Gmat_verbal25,

Agree with David and Rich here. It'll be interesting to see what kind of prep you've done that has led you to believe you need a private verbal tutor. Once we know more about how you've studied so far, we'll be able to suggest some strategies that won't necessarily involve investing a lot of money in a verbal tutor you might not need.

Best,
Rich

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by grahamkeane » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 am
Try Apex Tutors, Gurgaon. Probably the best in private tutoring.

Cheers
Graham