Gmat Prep 1 : 720 Q50;V37

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Gmat Prep 1 : 720 Q50;V37

by myselfhari » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:03 am
Hey all you there,

I need some urgent help.

I know this question is very weird. But can someone tell me how many questions can i possibly get wrong in the verbal to score more than 700, assuming i get Q50 (pretty much confident abt it)??

I mean i got Q50 with 7 questions wrong on the GMAT PREP 1. So i just want to know how many questions can i get wrong on the VERBAL part (very under confident, although preparation seems good) ??

And yeah , I am appearing for GMAT on 18th June.

Thanks mates.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:700

by Bschool2013 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:47 am
myselfhari wrote:But can someone tell me how many questions can i possibly get wrong in the verbal to score more than 700, assuming i get Q50 (pretty much confident abt it)??

I mean i got Q50 with 7 questions wrong on the GMAT PREP 1. So i just want to know how many questions can i get wrong on the VERBAL part (very under confident, although preparation seems good) ??
There is no concrete answer. Since the GMAT is an adaptive test, it's not only how many questions you get wrong, but at what level of difficulty you got them wrong at.

My guess is you got a 50 by getting the first 20 questions right, then got 7 of the last 17 wrong. If you had gotten the first 7 wrong, then got the next 30 right, you'd have a very different score.

Don't take the test trying to determine your score or how many you're getting wrong. Worry about the question you're doing, and if you can't do it in the allotted time, skip it. The only thing worse than a wrong answer is a wrong answer that takes too much time.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Bhupisuhag » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:54 am
To ensure good score in either section...You should ensure that you perform on first 10-15 questions really well because that sets up the pace....So ideal approach should be to make sure good start in both section (off course later in the section mind tends to get tired and thought about previous attempted questions)..

All the best for exam !!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:41 pm
Second the notation on not worrying about how the algorithm works... Focus on cleaning up weaknesses and the score will follow.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review