GMAT Error Log - a new solution?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT Error Log - a new solution?

by Grenium » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:48 am
Hello guys,

I took the GMAT half a year ago and I was really frustrated with error log Excel files (time consuming) thus I started developing some kind of solution. We are still in the beta version but here is a preview. I would be glad to hear your opinion on the application described in the video(click on the LINK bellow). Does it seem like smt that would solve your problem as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMGxSVEfL1w

So, if you want to join the beta version please visit gmaterrorlog.com and input your mail in order to get the invite

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:36 am
Your app looks interesting.

If a person is working on a particular question type (say Statistics questions), will the app identify which practice questions from the OG12 and OG13 he/she should answer?

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

by Grenium » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:55 am
Hello Brent,

yes, the application can identify types of practice question such as statistics, algebra, etc. Currently, there is just one way how a student can choose a sequence of questions. He can manually click all the questions he/she wants to solve. For example, he wants to solve OG13/PS/q1, q7, q13 and q17. See the picture below.
However, we will work on the solution to your suggestion, developing a feature that will enable student to select all the questions that test a particular topic such as statistics.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:45 am
That would be useful.
In the meantime, an error log (Improvement Chart) for the OG13 can be found here: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-error-log
It color codes each question by the major math topics (Stats, Geometry, etc.)

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

by komugi » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:05 pm
Brent@GMATPrepNow wrote:That would be useful.
In the meantime, an error log (Improvement Chart) for the OG13 can be found here: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-error-log
It color codes each question by the major math topics (Stats, Geometry, etc.)

Cheers,
Brent
Hi Brent, I was wondering if you could add the OG Quantitative and Verbal Guides into the error log -- or if not, could you give me a overview on how it's setup so I can add it in?