GMAT Disaster

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

GMAT Disaster

by rockeyb » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:07 am
:shock: Yes I was shocked when I took my GMAT today .

My test was scheduled for 11:00 AM (IST) so arrived at the center an hour early . The center was

MeritTrac Services Pvt. Ltd Test Center Information
Plot no.9."Forum" office no.1,3rd Floor,
Survey No.63/2B,Pune Satara Road,
near padmavati opp vivekanand statue.
Pune, MAH, IND 411037 .

When I arrived at the center I was asked to sit down and wait for my turn along with others . With me there were a couple of guys .

After a hour passed by I inquired what is the test status the security guard told me there internet is speed is slow and so the test will start after 30 mins . So I waited patiently trying not to upset my self just before the test .

After an hour went by there was no news for the authorities , again after inquiring I was told there is a technical snag and hence test will start late , but I was not given any specific time frame when . After about 2 hrs I had enough so I started asking questions and inquiring that is when I came to know that people where waiting to give the test since 9:00 AM and it was already 2:00PM now .This is the time I had enough of the mismanagement so after a lot of argument the center authority told us that they will reschedule our appointments and we will not be charged .

Well but rescheduling dose not help as they do not tell you what dates are available and the only thing they tell you is to to mba.com and see if dates are there or not or the best thing to do is to give a call to the call center . After giving a call to the call center they tell me they are closed since they are located in Malaysia .

Now I just dont know what to do next ? when can I reschedule my test ,will there be dates available and what is the procedure to reschedule ?

This is just a horrifying experience that i wanted to share with you all , please pick centers carefully and dont make the mistake I did .

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:56 am
I'm sorry to hear your bad experience on G-day. Thanks for sharing it with the forums though, let me assure you, you're not alone here! It happens occasionally with test centres. Usually if it doesnt start 'on time' samajh lena kuch gadbad hai, consider it a bad (disaster?) day.

You should check for new dates, on mba.com should be fine.they wont charge you.

Also try searching similar cases on this forum, you can even contact other members if it helps.
I dont remember exact userid, but try search for posts made by 'rdbx' user....

HTH

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:01 am