Give me suggestions about business school MS in Accounting!

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Dear friends :
I am a Chinese student who plan to have MACC in USA in fall of 2009.
However I still haven't finalize my school list yet.
Because of my financial situation , I have to choose the business schools with least expensive tuition and living fees.
I have found that Texas A&M (MAYS) and UNC charlotte meet my requirements.Their total tuition fees both below $9000/year and both with low living expenses.

S o please give me some suggestions about the schools .
My requirements:1. Annual tuition should be under $9000
2. had better have some scholarships polices such as waiving the out-state tuition, just pay the residents tuition or some kinds of other financial aids.
3. no specific preferences of the location, but schools in CALIFORNIA FLORIDA TEXAS will be better.
4. All the business schools from 10-100 will all be fine for me.
My simple backgrounds GPA3.7 GMAT 730 IELTS 7.0        
:roll: :roll: :roll:

upupup

by YUE.XU » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:56 am
upupup

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by niraj_a » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:53 am
look at kelley, they have an excellent placement record for their MSIS and Mst. in Accoutning programs.

by YUE.XU » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:43 pm
Thanks ,I have check the kelley. However , may be i can not catch up the deadline for international application ! The deadline is Dec.1st . I will take my GMAT test in NOV.21st ,kind of little bit late !

So any more suggestions?
Thanks !

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by ninkorn » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:43 pm
if cost of education is an issue and you just want a MACC degree (and assuming a job with Big 4), consider Baruch college - Zicklin School of Business in New York City.

It's a feeder school for top 8 accounting firms in US including Deloitte, KPMG, E&Y, PWC, Grant Thornton, etc etc.

Many of these firms have Full time reps at school to recruit kids.

Tuition should be around $9000 a year for MS program.

by jp8811 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:32 am
BUMP.

I'm in a similar situation. I can't find a job whatsoever, so I thought pursuing a MAcc would be a great choice for me. The problem is I'm already ~35k in debt from Undergrad, so I need the cheapest possible program that will give me the best prospects for the Big 4. I've looked into Baruch (I'm currently in the Northeast), but for non-accounting majors (I was Econ undergrad) you must also get an MBA. I would rather hold off on that for the time being and strictly go for the MS in Accounting. This way, if a couple years down the road I want to go back for a top MBA I still have that ability.

Any help is truly appreciated!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by Sophia007 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:11 pm
Have you looked at Brigham Young University? BYU? It should be reasonable and if you maintain a 4.0 - you even qualify for full scholarships in some cases.

And it is #1 for students in Accounting.
Sophia Pathak| Admissions Consultant |

If my post was helpful, let me know by pushing the thanks button.:) Please free to directly email me at [email protected]. ANY questions are welcome! check out what others have to say about their experience with me https://mymbamentor.com/?page_id=31