Financial aid

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:500

Financial aid

by Rastis » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:27 am
For-profit colleges serve far fewer students than either public or private non-profit colleges. At the same time, relative to non-profit colleges, for-profit colleges draw a disproportionate share of federal and state financial aid, such as tuition grants and guaranteed loans, for their students. It must be, then, that for-profit colleges enroll a greater proportion of financially disadvantaged students than do non-profit colleges.

The conclusion above depends on which of the following assumptions?

a) Public non-profit colleges and private non-profit colleges enroll a similar proportion of financially disadvantaged students.

b) For-profit colleges do not engage in fraudulent practices in helping their students obtain unneeded federal and state financial aid.

c) The number of students receiving federal and state financial aid at for-profit colleges is greater than the number of students receiving federal and state financial aid at non-profit colleges.

d) For-profit colleges are of similar educational quality as non-profit colleges.

e) The majority of students at for-profit colleges do not default on repayment of their loans after they complete college.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

by GMATGuruNY » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:14 am
I offer an explanation for a very similar CR here:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/doubt-cr-3-t280499.html
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3

Followed by:1 members

by BTGmoderatorAT » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:38 am
b) For-profit colleges do not engage in fraudulent practices in helping their students obtain unneeded federal and state financial aid.