Evaluate my profil please ivorian with Gmat 650

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Dear

I took the gmat this week and recieved a dismissal 590 (Q49 V22). This was my 3rd attempt. On the previous I got 550 and 650 (Q47 V33). There is no center in my country so I need to travel for the test. All this increase the difficulty. Now I dont want to take the test again though I scored hight (680-750) during mock test.

My profil:
Nationality: ivoirian
5 years in project management(telecom industry)
9th out 180 students at university (GPA 15.2 out of 20)
Many honor and scholarships (high school and university)
some extra activities (secretary in important organisation)

I want to apply to

Tepper --> I received a fee waiver for this school. What is my chance to get in then?
tuck
faqua
columbia
Booth.

Thanks

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:690

by thunderdan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:54 pm
A score of 650 is nothing to sneeze at. Being from a country that might be under-represented at many big schools, I would strongly suggest you to also apply to at least another top tier school along with Booth. Try to put your best spin and put the best in your essays, I strongly feel you have a good chance to get it at least 1 top tier schools. I would suggest you to highlight even aspects like need to travel a lot of distance for GMAT etc. Bravo my friend.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by vaflaly » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:42 am
Thanks for your comment. I am working on my essays and rec.

Any point about applying on the 3rd round? I have heard that probability of getting in is greatly reduced. So I want to choose 2 schools from my short-list. What could be my best bet?