European Colleges

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

European Colleges

by surajsagi » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:27 pm
Hi All,

Most of the ranking which have come out in the last one year have few european colleges in common (I am keeping LBS and INSEAD out of scope here, for obvious reasons........hehehe)

- IE
- IESE
- Esade
- HEC
- Cambridge
- Oxford

Now, all these colleges offer 12 to 18 month courses....so there is significant time benefit. But i cant make out how good these colleges are, especailly when you compare them to grade 2 US schools.

I have tried to talk to lot of people about Brand reconginition of these colleges, however only the alumini has great things to say about them. Some say language can be a problem during the final placements.

I am from India and to be very honest I had never heard about these colleges (except oxford), untill i read the FT, Forbes ranking this year. I am not sure how well people are aware about these colleges in the corporate sector (Is it just that people like me who are unaware or these schools LACK brand awareness, which will have an impact on your job prospects acorss various geographies)

Even most of the companies that come to these colleges recuirt for the western european region, where brandawareness is much more, but of what i have read, for a non-native getting into a consulting is very tough due to language isues.

So, guys let me know what are views on this, especially when you compare them to grade 2 US schools.

Which one will you choose - a Mcommbs, Marshall (top 30) or a IE, IESE (top 15)?

Thanks,
SM

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:02 pm
Hi Suraj,
Unfortunately I am not an expert in European programs, but feel free to contact Veritas Prep directly and they can connect you to a Euro-MBA expert who can answer all your questions.

Regards,

NP

Veritas Prep | Elite Test Preparation and Admissions Consulting | US: 1.800.925.7737 | International: 1.310.456.8716 | UK: 44.207.099.2094 | www.VeritasPrep.com
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep