Critical Reasoning is killing me... 9 days left for G-Day

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Hi,

I have just 9 days for G-Day and my biggest worry is CR. I am not able to plug my weakness in CR. My earlier weak areas are such as RC and DS are now better but CR is still the same.
I can identify an argument into Premise and Conclusion and also the Assumption. The problem is I am not able to choose the correct choice. What I have found is that usually the choice which I eliminate is the one that is the correct choice :cry:
I am really worried about poor CR 50-60% hit rate.

I have gone through PowerScore CR but still no help. Usually, inference, suggestions, most likely to be true, evaluate the argument, parallel reasoning questions are wrong.

Can someone pls help me out.
My Verbal is in the range 34-37 and I want it to cross atleast 40 (on GMATPrep).

Regards
Amit

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by jiujitsubri » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:02 pm
sorry I can not give a good answers for you as I just began studying. I look forward to hearing peoples response.

I am still learning to identify the types of problems and which strategy to apply; be it Strength, Weakness or Premise, Conclusion.

If you are struggling with eliminating the correct answer you should review areas such as eliminating answers using EXTREME words, as gmat conclusions rarely use extreme words and use moderate language. Also remember to focus on the boundry words as they'll help identify the best conclusion.