CR Strategy

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

CR Strategy

by divyasood11 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:54 am
Hi

I am new to this forum.

Please help me with links of threads containing effective strategies to deal with various CR question types

Thank You

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:09 am
Hi divyasood11,

Welcome to the Forums. Since you're looking specifically for tactics for CR questions, I'm curious about the other work that you've done so far.

1) How long have you been studying?
2) What resources (books, Courses, etc.) have you used so far?
3) Have you taken any practice CAT tests? If so, then what were your scores?
4) How do you perform on the Verbal section in general?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by divyasood11 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:08 pm
Hello
I have been studying for a month now.

For cr I have been using power score Bible.

I have covered sc completely and have also started with on rc abd generally have an accuracy rate of about 60-70% in rc depending on difficulty of passage. My accuracy in SC is about 80-85%. This is based on og 15 questions.

I have not taken any cat.

Regards

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:16 pm
Hi divyasood11,

Since you've already put in some time, it would probably be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH CAT so that you can get a sense of your current strengths and weaknesses. There are some things that you learn from taking a CAT that you really can't learn about in any other way (endurance, fatigue, pacing, etc.), so taking one at the beginning of your studies can help you to start training for those other "non-academic" issues. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you set aside enough time to do so; anything else that you can do to make the CAT as Test-Like as possible would also help.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by divyasood11 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:51 pm
Hi

Thanks for the valuable input. However, I had started this topic with the intention of getting some help on cr since cr is not my strong area. Would appreciate if some links of topics where cr strategies have been explained in detail.

Thank you

by divyasood11 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:51 pm
Hi

Thanks for the valuable input. However, I had started this topic with the intention of getting some help on cr since cr is not my strong area. Would appreciate if some links of topics where cr strategies have been explained in detail.

Thank you

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:19 am
divyasood11 wrote:Hi

Thank you
One option is to use BTG's tagging feature to focus on one CR topic at a time. For example, here are all of the CR questions tagged as ASSUMPTION questions: https://www.beatthegmat.com/forums/tags/ ... assumption (See the left side of that linked page for more tag options)
As you answer questions of a certain type, you will see various Expert solutions that highlight key strategies for that type.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com