Coordinate Geometry qs

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Coordinate Geometry qs

by juhi » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:08 pm
Hi,

Can anyone help by posting some qs on coordinate geometry? I relly need to work on it as I get most qs wrong and have no practice qs.
Thanks,
Juhi

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: Coordinate Geometry qs

by beatthegmat » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:09 pm
juhi wrote:Hi,

Can anyone help by posting some qs on coordinate geometry? I relly need to work on it as I get most qs wrong and have no practice qs.
Thanks,
Juhi
Hi juhi:

As I recall, coordinate geometry is a subject that's only rarely tested on the GMAT (I may be wrong). I think you are doing the right thing in identifying your weak subjects and working to improve them, but be sure to maintain the bigger perspective: at most, you are likely to see 0-2 coordinate geometry questions on the GMAT (probably none).

One mistake that I made during my GMAT prep was obsess over permutation/combination problems. I spent so much time perfecting my skills on these subjects which don't frequently appear on the GMAT. On the day of my actual test, I saw only one permutation question and it was really easy.

My point is: make sure you spend most of your time mastering the common subjects on the GMAT. Don't be tempted to work too hard on the more "peripheral" subjects that infrequently appear on the test.

That said, I think it would be a great idea for people to share coordinate geometry questions on this forum! Share away!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by dblazquez » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:45 am
I agree wit Eric.... i did the same with Permutations/Combinations, and many other subjects (such as idioms...). In quant, i'd advice to dedicate most of the efforts to: WORD PROBLEMS, and NUMBER PROPERTIES PROBLEMS. Most of the questions fall in one of these two groups.[/list]

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by [email protected] » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:19 pm
Well thanx Eric for your guidance. We really need many more of them...
IT IS TIME TO BEAT THE GMAT

LEARNING, APPLICATION AND TIMING IS THE FACT OF GMAT AND LIFE AS WELL... KEEP PLAYING!!!

Whenever you feel that my post really helped you to learn something new, please press on the 'THANK' button.