Consulting Career | Safe Schools

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Consulting Career | Safe Schools

by Joseph_Alexander » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:22 am
Hi All!

This is Joseph from India.

I have shortlisted the following schools for R2 applications: IESE, Darden, HBS, Tuck & Tepper. I chose these schools considering that they are general management programs, use the case study method primarily (first 3 100% and Tuck 60%) and are highly visited by consulting companies.

I am looking to apply to 2 more US schools which would be considered as safe schools. I am targeting a GMAT of 700 and consider myself to have a strong and diverse profile.

Thanks in advance.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:57 pm
Hi there,

That's a fantastic question but I can't just recommend schools without a) your having a GMAT score and b) knowing a wholllleeee lot more about you. But that's ok because I've got two awesome resources you should start with:

1) Free, detailed school profiles
2) (Video) Common Questions | Awesome Answers - How to find MBA programs that get you the career you want!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:21 pm
Hello Joseph

You should definitely consider Emory - Goizueta. Nearly 30% of the class is in consulting and this is a pretty high number. The average work experience is slightly more than 4 years. Considering your profile, if you score above 700, Emory should be safe. Also case study is the top teaching methodology here. UT-Austin - McCombs is also a good option for you as 1/5th of the class works in consulting. You can also take a look at Indiana - Kelly and UNC - Kenan Flagler. About 14 - 16% of the class is placed in consulting. Have you considered at Said Business School?

All the best

www.interviewbay.com

Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target Business School.

by Joseph_Alexander » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:58 am
Hi Bhavik and Team interview bay,

There is an active discussion going on in this link (https://www.beatthegmat.com/profile-eval ... tml#732475) and there are answers to your questions here. Could you please join this discussion for a more focused conversation.

@Interview bay: You have already responded on that link. I have answered some questions you asked there.

@Bhavik: Thanks for those amazing links - both on the schools and the videos. They were very helpful. Hope you now know a whole lot about me in the above link! Smile Look forward to your insights.

Thanks.

by Joseph_Alexander » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:01 am
Hi Bhavik and Team interview bay,

There is an active discussion going on in this link (https://www.beatthegmat.com/profile-eval ... tml#732475) and there are answers to your questions here. Could you please join this discussion for a more focused conversation.

@Interview bay: You have already responded on that link. I have answered some questions you asked there.

@Bhavik: Thanks for those amazing links - both on the schools and the videos. They were very helpful. Hope you now know a whole lot about me in the above link! Smile Look forward to your insights.

Thanks.