Confused please help!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

I am confused, Help me!

by puninder » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:38 pm
Hi,

I am planning to give my GMAT in Dec 08's second or thrid week (not yet booked). I am not sure if i wuold be able to get ready for it in next 80-90 days because im not a whizkid in studying + i am working 9am-6pm all weekdays.

Restriction is if not at this time i wont be able to give GMAT for another year as i am getting married in Jan,09 (so too much parties etc to attend 6 months post my wedding).

Good news is i have started preparing for it (though haphazardly). Currently i am working on arithematic and CR basics and practicing questions on basics. I am using NOVA GMAT currently as it helps me gulping all the necessary basics required for GMAT(this is what i believe). After this i plan to touch Princeton Review, Kaplan & finally OG.

Another good news is i have started gyming 10 days ago and i have started to feel more healthy than before, my concentration level has increased.

Now i am confused that whether should i give my exam in december or not, because im scraed(maybe) or im not sure if i will get enough time to study for the exam! One thing is sure i am not going to get time to study for 4 Hours on weekdays (As im on work).

Kindly help me in getting out of my confusion!

Cheers

Puninder

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1535 members
GMAT Score:800

by lunarpower » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:40 am
have you already taken the official gmat?
if not, then you have very little to lose from taking it in the middle of december, after whatever preparation you can muster; remember that essentially all business schools will take your best scores into account when you finally do apply.

if you're not going to be ready to take the test again for a full year (!) after this attempt, then you should DO IT - because, during that full year, your current preparation will mostly evaporate and you'll essentially be starting from scratch again.
remember, only the best score counts. even if you are under-prepared and you don't do so will this december, you can just regard it as practice.

--

six months of parties?
wow.
that's unbelievable.
Ron has been teaching various standardized tests for 20 years.

--

Pueden hacerle preguntas a Ron en castellano
Potete chiedere domande a Ron in italiano
On peut poser des questions à Ron en français
Voit esittää kysymyksiä Ron:lle myös suomeksi

--

Quand on se sent bien dans un vêtement, tout peut arriver. Un bon vêtement, c'est un passeport pour le bonheur.

Yves Saint-Laurent

--

Learn more about ron

Followed by:1 members

Thanks

by puninder » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:18 am
hey thnx buddy,

yaar ki dassan 6 months di parties nahi, its u know selection of clothes and party halls etc etc.

anyways, i think u have given me clarity upto some extent, thnx for the same .... so r u dont with ur GMAT?

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1535 members
GMAT Score:800

Re: Thanks

by lunarpower » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:34 am
puninder wrote:hey thnx buddy,

yaar ki dassan 6 months di parties nahi, its u know selection of clothes and party halls etc etc.

anyways, i think u have given me clarity upto some extent, thnx for the same .... so r u dont with ur GMAT?
definitely done. in fact, i'm currently banned from taking the test again; i won't be able to take it again for approximately 3.5 more years.
Ron has been teaching various standardized tests for 20 years.

--

Pueden hacerle preguntas a Ron en castellano
Potete chiedere domande a Ron in italiano
On peut poser des questions à Ron en français
Voit esittää kysymyksiä Ron:lle myös suomeksi

--

Quand on se sent bien dans un vêtement, tout peut arriver. Un bon vêtement, c'est un passeport pour le bonheur.

Yves Saint-Laurent

--

Learn more about ron

GMAT Score:650

Re: I am confused, Help me!

by landroni » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:48 pm
puninder wrote: Now i am confused that whether should i give my exam in december or not, because im scraed(maybe) or im not sure if i will get enough time to study for the exam! One thing is sure i am not going to get time to study for 4 Hours on weekdays (As im on work).

Kindly help me in getting out of my confusion!
Hello Puninder,
I'd like to insert my two couple of cents. So far I took the test one time, and one thing that is important concerning the GMAT is to never become afraid of it; you take it as a game, and you do your best to win at it. If you didn't already do so, I would suggest that you read Eric's and Ursula's debriefings [1]; it is high-quality material that helps gear up to the needed attitude.

As Eric suggests, with the GMAT it's best to take the test when ready, but then from now to December gives you plenty of time to get yourself ready. Be sure to dig deep into the BeatTheGmat Resources [2]. For suggestions on how to deal with your confusion take a look at Mark Rice's GMAT Help [3], link suggested by the Reources page.

As I said before, no more than my EUR 00.02. Good luck,
Liviu

[1] https://beatthegmat.blocked/search/label/Strategy
[2] https://www.beatthegmat.com/resources.html
[3] https://www.markrice.com/gmat/